For me, music helps me so much in related to my mental health, especially when I’m having a bad mental health day. I also love music so much (if you follow me on twitter, you can probably already tell that I love music so much and my music taste is so wide, I LOVE MOST MUSIC!)I find music really chills me out and makes me drown out the horrible urges and thoughts, especially if I play it extremely loud! – a tip I got from my therapist to help stop urges, and it works!
I find music really chills me out and makes me drown out the horrible urges and thoughts, especially if I play it extremely loud! – a tip I got from my therapist to help stop urges, and it works! I have heard from other friends that music also helps them, it’s a beautiful thing, right?!
I thought, why not write a post and tell you guys what my favourite songs when I’m having a bad day, a good day, in need of energy and when I feel good!
Music for when I have a bad day:
- Bleachers – I Wanna Get Better
- WALK THE MOON – Shut Up And Dance
- The 1975 – UGH!
- The xx – Angels
- S Club 7 – Reach
- Pvris – Holy
Music for when I am having a good day:
- Ian Carey Project – Get Shaky
- Christine and the Queens – iT
- Clean Cut Kid – Vitamin C
- The xx – Say Something Loving
- The Cranberries – Dream
- Theia – Roam
Music for when I need energy:
- Skepta – Shutdown
- The 1975 – Heart Out
- Fickle Friends – Say No More
- Cascada – Evacuate The Dance Floor
- S Club 7 – S Club Party
- The Veronicas – Untouched
Music for when I feel good:
- Good Charlotte – Lifestyles of the Rich & Famous
- HOLYCHILD – Happy With Me
- Kesha – Your Love Is My Drug
- The 1975 – Loving Someone
- Sia – Cheap Thrills
- The Wombats – Greek Tragedy
I could of literally probably list about 50 songs per list but you know… that’d be too long and you wouldn’t read it.. right?
If music helps you, then stick by it! If it doesn’t, try and find some songs that cheer you up, I guarantee music can help in some way, it’s a beautiful thing!